Top 10 Ravindran songs
Just continuing from where I left off, here is compilation of “Top Ten” Ravindran songs:
- Harimuraleeravam [Aaram Thampuran 1997]
- Pramada Vanam [His Highness Abdullah 1990]
- Ramakatha Ganalayam [Bharatham 1991]
- Ezhu Swarangalum [Chiriyo Chiri 1982]
- Nirangale Paadoo [Aham 1991]
- Azhake Nin mizhineer maniye [Amaram 1991]
- Innumente Kannu Neeril [Yuvajanothsavam 1986]
- Thenum Vayambum [Thenum Vayambum 1981]
- Mana Thaaril Engum [Kaliyil Alpam Kaaryam 1984]
- Etho Nidrathan [Ayal Katha Ezhuthukayaanu 1998]
- Vaarmukile Vaanil nee [Mazha 2000] — bonus song# 1 ;)
- Gopike Hrudayam oru [Nandanam 2002] — bonus song# 2 ;)
In the above list, the song “Gopike” is unique since it is set based on the Raaga Hindola(m). From what I recollect Raveendran say in an interview “Hindolam** is traditionally considered a raagam in which film music cannot be set. I wanted to challenge that notion”. It is a beautiful high pitched song — like many others in that list above — sung by KJ Yesudas.
So, what is your “Top Ten” Ravindran songs list?
** Update on 12-Sep-2011: As pointed out by Sankara Narayanan (thanks!) in the comment thread, the raaga(m) about which Raveendran mashu was talking about was Hamsadhwani and not Hindolam. Regret the error. However, kindly note that “Gopike” is a song set in Hindolam and not Hamsadhwani.